ActionServlet is an opensource web application framework that:
- enhances Model-View-Controller (MVC) programming model - which provides support to create skinnable,
multilingual or device dependent web applications,
- is action-driven - allows easy mapping of user actions (HTTP requests) to
methods of objects,
- is component-based - any type of components (JavaBeans, EJBs, Corba objects etc.)
can be used to build applications,
- is configurable - by a simple (but powerful) XML file, which allows to define action mappings,
parameters passing, automatic type conversions, linking components etc.
1 Ant 1.4+ is only needed to build examples and/or recompile ActionServlet sources.|
2 WebMacro 1.1 is not compatible with Servlet Specification 2.0.
3 Velocity 1.3+ is needed to rebuild ActionServlet sources with support for Velocity 1.1.
4 ActionServlet is compatible with Servlet Specification 2.0+.
5 Tomcat or any servlet container compatible with Servlet Specification 2.2+ (Jetty, JRun, Resin etc.).
Optional modules, tools, components and other stuff (like ASWizards or miniRMI Connector) supporting the development
with ActionServlet can be found in Extras.
-  Bloch, C.: Java Tutorial: Servlets
-  Zyl, J.: Velocity User's Guide
-  Wells, J.: WebMacro Documentation
-  Nic, M.: XML Tutorial
-  Nic, M.: DTD Tutorial